Wywiad z BetaMax

Wypowiedz się na temat serwisu PSEmu.pl (znanego także pod starą nazwą Polska Strona ePSXe)
winter_mute
TROLOŻERCA
TROLOŻERCA
Kontakt:

Wywiad z BetaMax

Post autor: winter_mute »

Jestem właśnie w trakcie przeprowadzania wywiadu z
BetaMax`em - autorem frontenda/autostartera Delta

Jeśli chciał(a)byś dowiedzieć się coś o jego życiu i twórczości, zadać mu pytanie odnośniew jego programu czy działalności to zapraszam serdecznie do wpisywania pytań w tym temacie...

Pozdrawiam
/w_m/
2BII!2B
Awatar użytkownika
BzyRes
Administrator
Administrator

Post autor: BzyRes »

1) Ile czasu tworzona była pierwsza Delta?
2) Skąd wziął się pomysł na tworzenie Delty?
3) Czy planujesz jakieś bajerki pod emu w przyszłości?
MoRf
Junior
Junior
Kontakt:

Post autor: MoRf »

Czy zamierzasz pójść w przyszłości w ślady jednego z autorów frontendów (nie będę reklamował) i wypuścić swój własny Emulator PSX`a - PSXbMax :?: :)
michapi2058
Junior
Junior

Post autor: michapi2058 »

czy delta bedzie dostepna w innych wersjach jezykowych (nz zasadzie zmiany pliku jezykowego)

pozdrawiam
michapi2058
winter_mute
TROLOŻERCA
TROLOŻERCA
Kontakt:

Uwaga: Wywiad z BetaMax zbliża się do końca, jeśli ktoś chce dodać coś od siebie to nadszedł na to czas najwyższy :!: hehe :)
2BII!2B
MoRf
Junior
Junior
Kontakt:

Post autor: MoRf »

No to ja dorzucę coś na zakończenie:
Co sądzisz o naszym kraju, z czym Ci się kojarzy ? :lol:
Mortus
Administrator
Administrator

Post autor: Mortus »

MoRf pisze:z czym Ci się kojarzy ? :lol:
i dlaczego z wódką :P
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Whatever is said in Latin, sounds profound.
Cokolwiek powiesz po łacinie, brzmi mądrze.
Gość

Post autor: Gość »

Jesteś za wojną w IRAQ, czy przeciw???
:lol:
winter_mute
TROLOŻERCA
TROLOŻERCA
Kontakt:

Dziękuję wszystkim za pomoc :)

... wywiad właśnie się zakończył - efekty mojej pracy oraz Wasze pytania ujrzycie w kolejnej aktualizacji strony...

Pozdrawiam
/w_m/

BTW; Odpowiedzi na niektóre Wasze pytania znalazły się w wypowiedziach BetaMax`a odnośnie innych temat`ów (np. Czy jesteś zadowolony z obecnej postai Delty? > ....chciałbym jeszcze dodać obsługę wielu jęzuków...) więc nie było sensu się powtarzać ... 8)
2BII!2B
winter_mute
TROLOŻERCA
TROLOŻERCA
Kontakt:

Tłumaczenie tekstu tak mnie ostatnio pochłoneło, że zapomniałem wrzucić "źródło". Oczywiście śpieszę naprawić ten błąd oto i ono - oryginalna, angielska wersja wywiadu:

Lets start with some not-emulation related things. It will be very nice if you cold U tell us some things about yourself if it isn’t secret of course How old are U? Where are U from
23 years old. Armagh, Northern Ireland

What do U do for living?
Well currently I'm a PhD student in applied mathematics. It sounds a lot more impressive than it actually is. Basically I spend most days testing a computer collision model that we have developed. I'm also a librarian for the universities "lifelong learning" dept.

What are U interested at? & How do U spend your free time?
Well apart from the obvious emu interests, my main interest would be in film. In fact, this is were my nickname comes from :p. Unfortunately I don't have as much free time as I would like (then again who does right ;)) Most of my spare time however would probably be used up either at the cinema, general web surfing and a little bit of programming.

Seems like U are very busy man so how do U find time 4 those oblivious emu-interest... & emu is always related with games, isn`t it :) ?...so, how it`s with U? Are your interest related only with emu-programing or U still have that little gamer in your head? Do U still play games, or U think U are 2 old 4 this? :)
Aye very busy unfortunately. Still I try to free an hour or two at night, plus the weekends are normally free. I have to wind down somehow.:p
Yep I still play games. I recently got a ps2, so that has been chewing up quite a bit of time.

if U find time 4 playing which type of games U prefer the most & witch titles are your favorites...and why? Are there some kind of relation between your hobby (movies) and titles U are playing?
Normally rpgs. I like good stories, be it tv/film or games, and in the latter category rpg's sem to deliver the best. Although that said sometimes you just have to let loose on a FPS ;). Other genres I like are survival horror games or strategies. As for movie tie-ins they're normally crap IMHO.

What about PSXEmu scene? Why do U choose PSX Emu, there is lotz of other system emu? How it all begin?
Well I probs could track that back to feb 1994. That month the PCF magazine ran a article on emus (specifically speccys). As a bonus they included a spectrum emu on the cover floppy, along with some abandonware roms that they'd got permission to distribute. Never thought such things were possible until then. So I messed around with it for a month or so, but because I didn't have net access back then, I kinda forgot about it and moved onto other things (namely descent ;) ).

Fast forward 3 or so years, 1997. I got net access, and decided to look through my old mags for some sites to checkout. Came across that old emu article and for the heck of went hunting. Started to mess around with the 16 bit consoles mainly, although I must confess that I was a dumb noob back then, 'cos I thought I'd be able to find a psx one also (heh). Anyways, the gist of it is a messed about with a couple of games, lost interest, and again moved onto other things.

Ok 1999, Started uni and decided to take a look @ emulation again. By now psemu pro was out and running a few games, so I decided to take a look at that. Got tekken 3 running but that was about it. Then I noticed bleem!, and was pretty shocked as to what it could do. So I got a key cd and started lurking on the old bleem forums, 'cos it was a little tricker to figure out than the old 16 bit emus. I never actully posted though. No reason to. Although I saw Bobbi's annoucement for his new site psxemu, so I took a look there and started reading the news. However I lost interest after bleem stopped making their "lifelong
updates".

2001: I was bored again I decided to checkout psxemu, and noticed a new psx emu called epsxe. Sometime later they changed their message boards and advertised it on the newspage. Basically I figured what the hell I created an account, never realising where I'd end up :p.

hehe... Yeah, where it end up :) Tell me is beeing psxemu-tool developer is so bad :) especially when your program is verry good... personally I think that Delta is currently the best frontend avaible :) ... & guest that there are ppl who think exacly the same... So can U told few things about your great "baby" – Delta
From where U get idea 2 made program? Is this sign from a God/from other cosmic power :) or U just ran onto while U were eatting breakfeast or something?

Naw, it was in the shower :p. Well actually to give the full story I'd seen a post on emuforums from someone asking if there was anyway to autoplay psx cd's (dunno who). Anyways I thought that was a pretty cool idea. However the "eureka" moment was in the shower the next day, because it dawned on me that beacause each disk has it's own code, therefore it would be possible to make an autoplay program spot not only psx disks, but different games as well. Thus I could make it configure epsxe for those games at the same time as running them.

Why first Delta-autostarter change itself into current Delta-frontend? What was a motor of this change?
Well I never intended to write a frontend. Basically because there already was two perfectly fine frontends out there. The original idea was to Complement them, by using batard/cutor configs for the autoconfigure option, but after writing it I spotted numerous flaws with that plan. It was a pain in the butt for a start for testing, and there was inconsistancies with the files. So I set about making sure that the dta files would be consistant and future proof first. When doing that, I realised that I'd probably need an editor of some sort to change them directly, rather than having to annoying use another program, then import them again. If I was going to do an editor, I might as well go the full hog and make it a frontend app.

Are U satisfy about things how current Delta looks/works? or U think that it still need`s a lot of work...& U are searching and destoying bugs / improve gui & functions and adding new things all the time? ;]
Well I have a few niggles. Mainly with the gui (esp icons). My artistic talent is about as good as your average 2 year olds :p. But most of the main features are present now.

How will Delta look in the future? Are U planing add some new functions which others front-end haven’t got yet? What U are planning 2 do with Delta in next relases?
Well I've currently out of ideas. However I'm sure the next version of epsxe and/or future plugin developments will give me a few more. Probably about the only feature that I could still implement ATM would be translations. However I have a few new side projects on the go, although I'm not going to say what they are just yet, apart from the memcard editor already available.

it`s very sad that every thing must end someday.... :) So here are three questions [from me] 4 the end :
I`ve seen that your new autostarter-tool "Delight" support PS2 games. Are U planning 2 make any tools 4 PS2emulators or other systems ?

Well the ps2 thing was more down to nescessity than anything else. Due to the way that the disk detection algorthim works, it validates ps2 disks anyways. In delta, these disks are ignored, however for delight I figured I might as well make use of it. As for the future, well I just take things as they come. Most of my ideas spring up from suggestions from others, or as an experiment to see if something could be done from another angle (hence the reason for a treeview interface).

What is first step 4 making your first tool 4 ePSXe? Any advices 4 ppl who want start their adventure in this topic...
Start off small. If you think too big you'll ultimately get lost. Like I said , I never planned to do a frontend. Then expand on your original idea as nessesary. If you hit a dead end don't worry, stop, look at other things. Read up on stuff. If you really can't get anywhere look for some examples or ask for help. As long as you don't pester folks too much most ppl are willing to give you advice.

Maybe few words 4 polish ePSXe / Delta users... Is there something U wanna say 2 them?
Gee not good at this. Happy gaming and hope you enjoy you're time in the community :)

& here are few others from my forum users (could U answer it?)
1 > BzyRes: > How long takes making first Delta ?
2 > BzyRes: > Are U planing 2 make other nice tools 4 ePSXe ?
3 > MoRf: > Are U going 2 folow the steps one of frontend author and make your own PSX-Emulator in the future [PSXbMax :] ?
4 > MoRf: > What do U know about Poland? With what this country is associate 4 U ?
> Mortus: > & why with vodka ;]
5 > Guest: > What are U thinking about WAR IN IRAK ? Are U 4 it or against it :lol:

Other questions:
1. I started it back in june 2002. I was a bit bored during the summer break and it give me an excuse to practise some programming. Took about a week or two to get a v basic autoplayer (which is what delight is now based on). However the rest of the additions took quite a bit more time.
2. Well I just released a few ;). Not too sure if I'll make many more or not. Depends on what happens in the future.:)
4. Well in summer 2000, I was on an the IEASTE exchange scheme. Basically this is an intern style scheme aboard. I was placed in Athens greece. However my roomate for the summer was polish. Nice guy, although we kinda lost touch now.
5. This one always comes up doesn't it ;). Personally I tend to avoid politics like the plague (comes from being Irish). IMHO Stirs up too much emotion.

Legenda:
tekst granatowy - winter_mute
tekst zielony - Betamax
2BII!2B
Zablokowany